The work in urology started as a part of Department of Surgery since the inception of the college. The management took the decision to establish a fully fledged Department of Urology, so as to offer better services to patients and start super speciality training in urology.
Thus,the Department of Urology was established in the year 2006 under the leadership of Dr.Sharadkumar P. Kankalia. In the year 2007 the Medical Council of India permitted to start a Super Speciality training course leading to the award of M.Ch (Urology)the degree of Dr.D.Y.Patil University, Pimpri, Pune -18. Thus, the first student for M.Ch. (Urology) degree course was admitted in the year 2009. Now the MCI has recognised the course
The Department is fully equipped with all the equipment/instruments to offer world-class services to patients & training to residents under one roof.
Vision and Mission
- To make teaching standards comparable to international and national standards.
- To create research material and publications of international and national standards.
- To organize international and national level conferences. Seminars and guest lectures.
- To provide most modern services in various fields of urology to patients at affordable cost.
- To provide all types of services in urology under one roof.